Thursday, March 6, 2008

Hump day, Reflection day, Get my grind on day!

Happy belated hump day, and this week it LITERALLY felt like I was climbing over this HUGE MOUNTAIN. All my energy was drained in the morning from shoveling my whole driveway, going to work all tired to then have to leave unexpectedly AND also putting my shoes on the wrong feet (ooooh how embarrassing right? :oS…it was dark when I put them on…no seriously, I’m not lying). Today was definitely one of those days that made me think... “Can it be that it was alllll sooo simple then? Or...Has time rewritten every line? And if we had the chance to do it all again, tell me…would we?...could we?…MEMORIES…) damn those water-coloured memories of THE WAY WE WERE…-Gladys Knight and The Pips LOL. Sometimes it’s good to take 10 paces back to just see and re-configure our paths for the future. As I stood outside this morning and shoveled, my back and arms started to ache, shortened breath, my hands-I could feel the calluses forming, I started to realize that I was out of shape! Not only that but in the silence of the neighbourhood and the sun shining-I stood there with my chin on the shovel and dazed off into my own little world. I thought about how much of a task it is to have to sit at a desk for 8 hours+, doing something that I really don’t want to do. Nostalgia started to move in and remind me how things were back in the days. Do you remember as a child when the only worries you had were those of a competitor on the school playground? Thinking about work was scary and somewhat frightening. It was all about tetherball and being the UNDEFEATED champion (that I was) in a match of FOUR SQUARES during lunch hour. I didn’t mind at all when the teacher asked me to write on the board or read aloud. Back then that was what you LOVED to do. Damn it sucks to grow up. I guess the point that I’m trying to make is for me to stop complaining and try to emulate those days of passion and doing what made you happy. The only difference is, with change comes responsibility and as adults we incur more costs associated with living, which in turn cause us to do things THAT WE DON'T WANT TO DO. So at the end of the day, do what makes you happy and makes you MONEY. Today made me realize how much I need to follow my passions and work on doing what I LOVE. Long nights, lack of sleep, missing the home cooking sometimes because I’m always on the go, all serve for a greater purpose. They all contribute to my success that will be. AHHHHHHHHHHHH 2 more days of office life that seem like an eternity. I swear if it wasn’t for music, I don’t know how I would make it through the day. Peace!

-StAR

Quote of the day: I never would have thought in my wildest dreams that it would have been this big, but it is. I want to be able to be respected, but at the same time go out on top and leave with dignity. –Eminem of his success. (from and article I read yesterday in an old scratch mag.)

Track of the day: Extreme-More than words (1990)

No comments: