Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Distractions, Distractions, all because of you MUSIC!

woooow...wait...woooow. I said I would try to blog on a regular, but who told me to start a blog when I had assignments and tests due?? Not only that, but when your brain gets overworked-thinking of several business projects and deciding...out of all the crazy mishaps in a day...what to write about...It gets hectic! It's not that I have nothing to write about, it's just too much to touch base on! Anyway, I guess I'll start nice and fresh for March. March for me signifies, new beginning, spring cleaning, school work becoming excessive, taxes (yay!), AND extra good music starts getting released. Here we go! I'm sitting here trying to do my homework and study a bit (note to self: NEVER TRY AND START HOMEWORK DURING THE REAL FREQUENCY! Peep the Real Freq's blog...http://therealfrequency.podbus.com/blog/) but no, of course I get sidetracked by The Real Frequency show on Flow...wait...sorry...the "new" Flow 93.5! If you don't know...this is my Monday night routine-I try to accomplish everything before 11pm so I can take in some real hip-hop. I lock off all personal calls by 10:50pm, I get my phone charged up for my daily text affair, where I discuss what's hot, what's not, criticize and crack jokes about the show with my homegurl Tiff (CO-CO-COOOLLLD STEEEEEEL!). By 1:00am my brain is all revved up on music. So much for strategic management and marketing plans getting done. I have to give a shout out to Inzane, Arcee and PPlus for always holding it down Monday nights.


If you tuned into the show then great if not, please read on. First off, The New North is a segment on the real freq's show, where they showcase up and coming artist of the North...Drake was the special guest tonight...all I can say is...the boy (man) is talented. A few exclusives, premieres, a 2 second clip of Drakes R&B attempt "Brand New" definitely sounding nice-google dat shit. Word of the day brought to you by Drake...the word is Tralse. When asked if he has ever ghost written for Dr. Dre, Drake's answer was "Tralse." Definition: A statement considered to be one half of which is accurate and true, but also containing some inconsistencies and untrue statements...in other words...well, I don't really wanna bait myself by admitting to it wholeheartedly so if i say "tralse" it's ambiguous in nature a.k.a TRUE! Secondly...Ante up with tha Mash-Out Posse, M.O.P will be in town this Friday at Opera House, they stopped by, well tapped in thru a phone interview. Get grimey with tha head-banging at the concert, if ya'll can make it.

Finally, GO COP SNOOP'S ALBUM.
Ego-Trippin' scheduled to be realeased March 11th, is sounding real dope, tracks to look out for on that album include: Life of da party, Neva have to worry (brap! My track), Waste of time, Can't say goodbye. These are of course in my opinion. You listen to it and you let me know! Once again, homework is now put off untill 2:30am in the morning because of the Real Freq's, and me deciding to blog. I think I'm really starting to develop a sleeping disorder.


On an R&B note, you all need to get your hands on Algebra Blessett's album "Purpose."
Some real solid vocals & lyrics. I'm lovin' this album right now, it's really helping with some therapy in the man department at the moment LOL. As usual I get real random with my music, depending on what is the first song that hits me on itunes in the AM. I must say, I would write a review on these albums, but I'm feelin' kinda lazy and also, if Stacey-StAR mentions it then-damn! It oughta be dope, so I don't have to go in detail! Peace out peeps. Love Life, Love Music.

~Stacey-StAR

Quote of the day: " Success is a great challenge. Enwrapped with fears to the pessimistic, but to the optimistic-success is change for the better. Only the positive and the resolute make it to the end."-Bassey Ndon

Track of the day...My Pride-Algebra (Album: Purpose)

P.S. The countdown started today for the Spring makeover, if you all wanna get in on the bet whether or not I can rest sneeks and wear more heels...holler. I think I might be in way over my head on this one...I think I've already lost! Spring means more sneeks, more nice coloured Air Maxs and other dope shit. Fuck! I'll just pay out now....nah jokes...giving up is way harder than trying. ;oP I don't think you all are ready for the new look premiering March 28th after my road trips! Oh Ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol! TIGHT!
You want us to write a note for the prof?

"Sorry, StAR was unable to complete her assignment due to excessive reoccurring HEAT flashes on Monday nights, please excuse her."

- Inzane.

PS May 8th The Real Frequency - "Professionals" @ The Rivoli.