Friday, March 28, 2008

What a Day!

As my week off comes to an end, I hold my head down and cry...37.5 hours next week outside my house at a desk...well maybe 33hrs (Jay-Z Concert, I'm leaving early!) This week was a very interesting week....VERY interesting week! I won't go into detail of all that defined my week as interesting. First off, ANNOUNCEMENT: After continuous battles with my UT Starcom, it finally decided to give up the good fight, so I am officially a part of the CRACK Berry world. I've upgraded my handset to the Blackberry 8830. So now I can use cool phrases like everyone else..."hit me on the BB," "ping" and so on. All the additional features that it has, made me not miss the good ole Windows mobile and touch screen on the Pocket PC.

My day as follows...I'm up at 7am on my day off, I don't know why, but I am. 10am I hit the 401 to drop my car off to get it's car physical at the car clinic, Doctor, I mean Mr. Chin (not his real name, but you know how it goes with blacks and Asians)...his wife, with the best english possible says to me, "why you wait so long to fix everytin', you mess up car and pay me more money." I say..."See, your husband fixes the cars you run the show, you remind him that he needs to collect money for work done!" "I on the other hand cannot remember to bring my car in...because I am the single female that runs her own show..." "Fixing a car with no suspected noises?? naaaaah! Unless I hear click, clacking, you won't see me Cindy!" 10:51 I call Enterprise car rental a block over (less than 10 minutes)...dude says..."Ok! Pick up will be there in 15 minutes!"11:30 still waiting...I call back he says.."Oh! She's on her way, just on Markham Rd. (I'm on Markham Rd. Right....) 12:05 Stacey turns into a green monster and calls back...dude says..."Well uhhh! She was outside and no one was there..." I reply, "ummm I am outside staring at Mack trucks getting washed your driver is straight trippin'" I digress for a moment. In the midst of all this waiting, a black guy walks into the shop and first thing out his mouth is, "hi, you have man?" I don't like to lie, but given my circumstance and the black guy in a burgundy shirt, cream and red striped tie, an Adidas headband on with a pair of K Swiss sneaks that I know should definitely be white, but are now brown...I said, "YES!" He then decides to stand beside me like I needed help waiting and asks question #2..."My car can't move out the pound, you think they'll charge me for keeping it there for a couple of days??" Nicca! They like dudes like you...So I reply "Let me guess your car broke down, so you left it?? And it got towed off the side of the road?? (Just my assumption given the latter question and his look.)" He replies, "yes." I am highly irritated at this time. Ladies understand what I'm talking about; there is nothing more annoying than a man catching you at the wrong time, trying to make small talk when you clearly want to rip his head off (I'm not gonna lie, if he was cute I would've compromised a bit. LOL) My phone was also dead so I couldn't do any decoy calling. Anyway, he must've thought I was a real ass after the next question. Question #3 (might I add he's throwing back a few fries and eating a greasy ass drumstick from KFC out his back pack) "Which way are you going? You think I can bum a ride off you? Just drop me up the street!" AHHHHHHHH! I stormed out the auto shop, he follows I say..."I don't know you, number 2; why would I be standing here looking out this window at the driveway? I am clearly waiting for a ride as well, maybe you should call someone like I did." I just don't understand what some individuals think, when approaching another individual, but then again, after reading IAN's blog http://ianandreespinet.blogspot.com/2008/03/its-true-toronto-men-are-punks.html on Bitchassness and Men stepping their game up, I have to give him a point for effort...which will lead to my next blog in a bit...MEN KNOW YOUR LIMITS AND STANDARDS!!! To sum it all up though, turns out that the car he thought couldn't start because of alternator issues just needed a boost to the battery, which my mechanic kindly gave him after pushing his car out the pound (sidebar: HE DIDN'T EVEN GIVE MY MECHANIC A TIP!!!). So anyway Enterprise finally arrives to pick me up, the Altima I wanted is given away because the bastards took too long in picking me up, so I get a Corolla with no discount for my inconvenience. At this point I was too tired to argue about a dollar. Peace, semi-bedtime, time to unwind!

Lesson Learned: When renting from Enterprise, they're apparently on black people time so call them 2 hrs before reaching your destination for pick up, that way your estimated wait time will probably be 15 minutes! This will also limit the amount of strange people trying to talk to you!



Song of the day: Step Off-Souls of Mischief

Sidebar: To the lady at the Markham Rd exit off the 401...How much can you really make at Markham rd for a trip to Calgary WITH a sign saying: I'M NOT A HOOKER, MOVING TO CALGARY...DRIVE SAFE!! hmmmm...

**I don't know know anything at all, who am I to say......

No comments: