Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mo-Mo-Mother's Day...Part 1 and Nostalgia

I'm not even gonna mention the hiatus from blog world. Let's just say I was lovin' the no obligations to school and ting. My foot's been reaaaal hot! Anyway, let me just jump right in it, like I never left. So I was talking to one of my homeboy's this week and some of my homegirl's, the same topic kept resurfacing...the Baby Momma I can't stand. A lot of my homeboy's that have children are either in category A, which is-I take care of my child(ren), I love him/her/them, and I love the mother of my child(ren) regardless that we are not together. THEN, there is category B-I take care of my child(ren), I love him/her/them, but...the mother is straaaiight trippin'. I'm going to talk about the latter. Sidenote: I am proud to say, I don't have any homeboy's that I need to be cussin' about not taking care of their child(ren). Anyway, I figured since it's Mother's day, I'm going to touch on the subject. I respect the men that do whatever they can for their children, but some of these women need to keep in mind that the father of your child needs to eat too!!! Like come on!! He gives you money, will even go buy clothes, take's the kids on the weekend, BUT still that mother just feels it's not enough. I personally think at times this "nagging" is an excuse to hide the real truth...you just can't stand to see him living his life and you're not fully in it. Child or no child, some people are just not meant to be together forever, maybe for a moment or second-the individual is a lesson, understand that. I also think "I'm trying to make it work for the sake of the child" is not a good idea..you can't learn to love someone-that's called mediocre loving...it's not cool. So it's Mother's day...yes, you deserve the appreciation of carrying a child for 9 months, for raising that child and being the best god damn role model you can (I HOPE!), but please give me a break...don't expect to get the world from the father of your child on this date, ESPECIALLY when the other 364 days you've treated him like he hasn't done anything for you and your child, when he has. Respect him as an individual, give him points for trying and you'll get the same. Don't hate on him if he has a new girl or he feels that things just wouldn't work out between the two of you. I completely understand why some men seem like they are not taking care of their responsibilities...it's the animosity that has built up caused by a female that makes it damn near impossible for them to civil. Most men don't enjoy confrontations or arguments and to avoid these he'll stay away, which turns into him "not mining his yute." Happy Mother's day to you females, happy God-Mother's day to me and the others (hehe)...but please for the ignorant ones that make it hard for a man to deal, don't question why he only sent you a text and did not call you and deliver flowers, maybe it's time to give him more respect and allow him to take care of his child with no interruptions of your own underlying selfishness.

-StAR

B.t.w--Happy Mother's day to all the single mother's that have the full-time job, raise their children the best they can, on a system way tighter than the government's!...AND ABOVE ALL...are civil with the father's for the well-being of the child.

A.L.S.O--I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way...show them all the beauty they possess inside...give them a sense of pride......(yeah I know what you're thinking.)

S.E.E--Raise your hands if like me, you told your mom you liked turkey and mustard sandwiches like the other kids at school..(but really you didn't, you just wanted to be cool cause all the other kids had it. You didn't wanna bring corned beef or shredded curry chicken sandwiches!) and for months steady you had to be throwing your lunch out or keeping it at the bottom of your school bag till your mom wondered what that stench was...and realized she oughta stop buying it.

Nostalgia--
I just thought I would give a shout out to my mom. I love her to death, she pretty much was a single mom, who always did her best and tried her hardest to please me, with whatever money she had. She always kept me looking fly, with the latest sneakers, no matter how high and pinch my cord pants were, how bright my socks were, and how tight my shirts were....I was the FIRST person on the whole elementary school yard to buss a pair of high top Fila's with the thick ass bottoms, or my favourite shoes EVER...L.A. LIGHTS! But she slipped up one time on keeping me looking cool...here it is...I had asked for a SONY walkman with the MC HAMMER...Please Hammer, Don't hurt em...TAPE...I wanted to bang out to U Can't touch this and Have you seen her. Anyway mom comes home and says she got me a walkman and the TAPE I wanted...I open the bag to find a no name yellow and grey walkman and MC Hammer's Let's Get It Started tape. I told my mom it was the wrong tape and of course the response I got was...the other one you asked for was too expensive, it's still MC HAMMER, what's the big deal? So here I was trying to sell the song "Son of the King" to all my friends as one of the illest Hammer joints. Booooo! Needless to say the ear phones stopped working after like two weeks and the tape got taped over with lunch countdowns from AM 640. I love you mom!


Ok I'm really out.

Track--MA DUKES--FRANK AND DANK!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Star! (why does that sound so fresh?) Anywho - I only know of 2 males that have children with someone other than their wife or girlfriend - and one of those ladies really is a nutcase. Boy oh boy. I think that its always the 'first' one that turns out to be crazy and its USUALLY when you both are unprepared. That being said - people should be more picky about who they spend 'quality' time with - just look at each partner as someone you'll have to deal with for the rest of your life; because there certainly are no guarantees. In the meantime - males and females need to realize that if you were not able to see a healthy adult male and female relationship as a child - you probably don't know what is supposed to be - so check your Bible.

Love you, Star! dacostad.wordpress.com